Carbon Jacked is the trading name of Carbon Jacked Ltd. Any reference to “we”, “us”, “our”, “Carbon Jacked” or similar refers to Carbon Jacked Ltd. Any reference to “member”, “you”, “user” or similar refers to the individual using the Carbon Jacked Ltd service.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you have questions about this policy please get in touch via the ‘Contact us’ page of our website.
Collection of data
There are lots of different ways in which we may collect data, or receive data, including in the following scenarios:
- sign up to receive our newsletter;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our services;
- use our carbon footprint calculator;
- ask for direct marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact us (e.g. customer services);
- leave comments or reviews on our services.
When you register as a user for the service, you may provide us with certain information that we store. When you use the service, we may store information generated by your use of the service. If the service is accessed via a handheld device we also store a number that uniquely identifies the device.
We may share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as outsourced services partners, technology service providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
- Payment services providers, via Stripe – payment processors may take your personal data directly from you as part of processing a purchase, and they will be data controllers in their own right for that processing;
- Auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- Government, regulators and law enforcement.
We may also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies below, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may use both temporary and persistent cookies. You can delete cookies in your browser anytime and you can also block cookies from being placed; however, this could affect the quality of the service.
Third party integration
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We are not responsible for their privacy statements.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a strict business need to know.
We take the necessary steps to protect your personal data and we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to. We cannot however completely guarantee the security of your personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
As set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access certain information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act, including the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request restriction of processing your personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent