Attracting Talent: Why you need to offer sustainability training
Employees are increasingly choosing their job based on how sustainable their employer is, with recent research showing that the majority of employees want to work for a business that is trying to have a positive impact and nearly half saying they would resign if they felt their employer wasn’t doing enough.
This extends to the L&D you’re offering, but what does a good programme look like?
How to get sustainability training wrong
- Ignore sustainability as an L&D topic altogether
- Trot out an off-the-shelf solution that has no relevance to your business
- Make your employees sit through a training course so boring it makes them want to speed up planetary destruction rather than reverse it... you know the type we’re talking about
- Provide one-off training that doesn’t leave the classroom or lead to any long-term behaviour change
How to get sustainability training right
- Make it relevant to your business – effective L&D should be tailored to your business, how you operate and what you’re already doing on sustainability
- Make it genuinely engaging – it can’t be a science lecture. It needs to be thought-provoking, engaging and fun
- Make it long-term – any worthwhile L&D needs to have an effective way for employees to take what they learnt with them into their day jobs
How we can help
At Carbon Jacked, we combine genuine sustainability expertise with a background in science-based behavioural insights to provide training sessions that are genuinely tailored, engaging and relevant for your staff.
We speak to you to find out how your business operates and what you care about, which we use to design and deliver a training programme that will embed sustainability into the DNA of your people
We can also help you build broader employee engagement programmes which you can read about here.
Get in touch
If you want to find out more about our sustainability L&D training programmes get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can set up a chat.