Carbon Jacked Ltd Terms & Conditions
Effective 26 September 2021
By accessing www.carbonjacked.com, purchasing and or being a member you are entering into an agreement with Carbon Jacked Ltd and agree to the terms and conditions that follow. Carbon Jacked Ltd is the owner and operator of this website.
Carbon Jacked is the trading name of Carbon Jacked Ltd. Any reference to “we”, “us”, “our”, “Carbon Jacked” or similar refers to Carbon Jacked Ltd. Any reference to “member”, “you”, “user” or similar refers to the individual using the Carbon Jacked Ltd service. The terms “membership” and “subscription” are used interchangeably in this document.
- Carbon Jacked allows users to purchase a monthly subscription that funds charities and projects that tackle climate change, restore nature and improve people’s lives.
- Carbon Jacked has two membership types: Carbon Cub and Carbon Jacked. The membership chosen determines the overall price and contribution to projects.
- Our memberships are VAT-exempt due to carbon credits making up a substantive proportion of each membership.
- Your Carbon Jacked membership begins from the day of purchase. Thereafter a payment will be taken on a monthly basis on the original purchase date. Your membership will continue on a monthly basis until you actively terminate it.
- Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly renewal date, you authorise us to charge you for your next month’s membership fee via your chosen payment method.
- You can change your subscription at any point. Provided you make the request before your monthly renewal date, your new subscription will be active from your next payment date, subject to our ability to process the change
- Our pricing model is designed to avoid the need for constant changes. However, we may need to change the price of our service for a variety of reasons, such as fluctuations in carbon pricing. Any changes to your membership price will be notified in advance and you would have the opportunity to cancel your membership
- We reserve the right to communicate with our members as necessary. The majority of our communications will be in electronic format.
- Members are responsible for keeping their membership details, including their password, safe and secure.
Billing and cancellation
- The first payment for your Carbon Jacked membership will be taken on the original payment date, and thereafter a further payment will be taken on a monthly basis on the original purchase date.
- Your payment will be taken via the same payment method that you used to make your first payment. You can change your payment method at any time by logging into your Carbon Jacked account and accessing the ‘Account’ page.
- We process payments with Stripe, a third party payments application. Liability for payment issues therefore rest with Stripe. As part of Stripe’s service they may attempt to automatically update card details when a member receives a new card. Automatic card updates require card issuers to participate with the network and provide this information.
- We do not store your card details. All payments are processed through Stripe.
- You can pause or cancel your subscription at any time. You can do this by logging into your Carbon Jacked account and accessing the ‘Account’ page. We endeavour to cancel subscriptions as quickly as possible, but if you do not cancel your subscription before your monthly renewal date you could still be charged for the following month.
- We reserve the right to pause or cancel your membership. Failure to meet your monthly payment could result in the cancellation of your membership.
- All of our merchandise is sustainable and produced with the environment in mind.
- Carbon Jacked sells its merchandise through its Shopify Carbon Jacked Shop. The T&Cs for merchandise can be found there.
Newsletter and communications
- By accepting our Terms and Conditions and becoming a member, you agree to receive regular communications from Carbon Jacked.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- Carbon Jacked Ltd retain the rights to all technology, designs and branding developed by the company, including but not limited to the Carbon Jacked website, name, logos and social content.
- All ‘content’ included on the Website and our social media accounts, unless uploaded by users or selected third parties, is the property of Carbon Jacked Ltd. In these terms and conditions, ‘content’ means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by users. By continuing to use the Website or our social media accounts you acknowledge that such content is likely to be protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
- You must not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any content without the written permission of Carbon Jacked Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
- Carbon Jacked Ltd is a registered UK Company, incorporated under the Companies Act 2006, and operates in the time zone of the United Kingdom.
Privacy and data handling
- If any provision or provisions of these Terms and Conditions are deemed to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it does not impact the validity, legality or enforceability of the rest of the provisions.
- If you are not satisfied with the service that you receive from Carbon Jacked, your sole course of action is to stop using Carbon Jacked services. Carbon Jacked Ltd, including shareholders and employees, shall not be held liable for losses or damages suffered by third parties.
- We will not be liable for any failure to perform or deliver our obligations caused by events outside our reasonable control (‘Force Majeure event’).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, but is not limited, to the following: (1) Strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action; (2) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war, or threat or preparation for war; (3) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disaster; (4) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport, or other means of public or private transport; (5) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and (6) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions of any government.
Updates to Terms and Conditions
- We work hard to improve our service for our members and ensure we run an effective business, as a result we may need to update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. We notify all members of changes to our Terms and Conditions as appropriate.