Explainers & Tips
EAT CLEANER & GREENER
How to eat more sustainably?
Along with travel and energy, food is one of the biggest parts of our carbon footprint. In fact, the emissions from our 'food system’ (that’s everything from growing to packaging to shipping) make up over a quarter of global emissions.
So if you want to reduce your carbon footprint it’s worth understanding that not all foods are created equal.
FOOD EMISSIONS (in kgco2e per kg of food)*
* For more info go to Our World in Data - Environmental impacts of food production
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT
Reduce the amount of meat, particularly beef, you eat, as this will significantly reduce your carbon footprint. If you’re a meat lover, we recommend you embrace the ever-improving plant-based or lab grown alternatives.
UNLOCK THE FOLLOWING BY JOINING CARBON JACKED
- BENEFITS OF GOING PLANT-BASED
- COMPANIES TO LOOK OUT FOR
- FURTHER READING & DATA
- Fund amazing projects that restore nature & improve lives 🌍
- Reduce your carbon footprint with our calculator & advice 👣 📉
- Understand sustainability with our infamous explainers 🎥
- Plant 10 trees a month 🌲
And much more.